A while back, Valentina did her own post on “10 Things You Don’t know About Me!”. Now it’s my turn! I hope that with this you get to know more about the girls behind V’s on Fleek 😀
- I was born on December 24, 1998, meaning that I’m a Capricorn and I’m about to turn 17
- My favorite music genres are pop and alternative. My favorite alternative singer is Marina and The Diamonds
- I Google everything – whenever I have a question or doubt I Google it; I need to find the answers
- I almost love chocolate more than I love life
- But I’m trying to first reduce my meat consumption, then become vegetarian, and ultimately vegan (so bye bye milk chocolate)
- I want to do what I can to help the world and nature, which explains point five. My goal is to create more awareness about the important things happening in the world right now (watch Cowspiracy and Racing Extinction)
- I’m a humanities person and want to study communications, psychology and/or graphic design
- I love to write, and I also love technology. Here is my favorite technology poem:
I swear to every heaven ever imagined,
if I hear one more dead-eyed hipster
tell me that art is dead, I will personally summon Shakespeare
from the grave so he can tell them every reason
why he wishes he were born in a time where
he could have a damn Gmail account.
The day after I taught my mother
how to send pictures over iPhone she texted
me a blurry image of our cocker spaniel ten times in a row.
Don’t you dare try to tell me that that is not beautiful.
But whatever, go ahead and choose to stay in
your backwards-hoping-all-inclusive club
while the rest of us fall in love over Skype.
Send angry letters to state representatives,
as we record the years first sunrise so
we can remember what beginning feels like when
we are inches away from the trigger.
Lock yourself away in your Antoinette castle
while we eat cake and tweet to the whole universe that we did.
Hashtag you’re a pretentious ass hole.
Van Gogh would have taken 20 selfies a day.
Sylvia Plath would have texted her lovers
nothing but heart eyed emojis when she ran out of words.
Andy Warhol would have had the worlds weirdest Vine account,
and we all would have checked it every morning while we
Snap Chat our coffee orders to the people
we wish were pressed against our lips instead of lattes.
This life is spilling over with 85 year olds
rewatching JFK’s assassination and
7 year olds teaching themselves guitar over Youtube videos.
Never again do I have to be afraid of forgetting
what my fathers voice sounds like.
No longer must we sneak into our families phonebook
to look up an eating disorder hotline for our best friend.
No more must I wonder what people in Australia sound like
or how grasshoppers procreate.
I will gleefully continue to take pictures of tulips
in public parks on my cellphone
and you will continue to scoff and that is okay.
But I hope, I pray, that one day you will realize how blessed
you are to be alive in a moment where you can google search
how to say I love you in 164 different languages.
- On a more casual note, my favorite color is red
- Last but not least, I’m really into healthy eating and exercising and want to make the best lifestyle choices on that matter (even though I’m not always successful)
Thank you for reading!