Hello! I’ve been wanting to cook and prepare more things that I find interesting and this is one of them: energy bites😍. After looking at multiple recipes and my pantry, I decided to make these with chocolate (of course) and almond butter from FitSeed Panama.
It was quite late at night so sorry that I wasn’t able to show you all the process, but believe me when I say it’s super easy and fun to make.
Ingredients (in order of quantity)
- Almond butter (you can use any nut butter you like)
- Chia seeds
- Chocolate chips
- Unsalted and crushed, mixed nuts
For this recipe I really just added ingredients as I went. But, to start with, I used The Honour System’s “No-bake Chocolate Chia Power Balls” measurements.
- Pour the almond butter in a bowl and start mixing the oats with a spoon. Add the chia seeds and blend well. This is the base for your bites.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients: nut pieces (after crushing them in the chopper), about 2 tbsp of vanilla, a drizzle of honey, and less than a tbsp each of cacao and cinnamon.
- I mixed in the chocolate chips last so that they wouldn’t melt. But make sure to mix them well.
- Roll small balls with your hands and place in a plate to leave in the fridge.
The end result are sweet & salty protein energy balls that are very good! 🙂 I’m so happy I did them even though I was hesitant at first. They don’t even take too long to make and the best part is that they’re no-bake.
Check out this article on "37 Energy Bite Recipes"